This started as a blog about training together as a family, in part to inspire other women & families to get involved. As female participation in jiu jitsu has increased, as we have grown as athletes and as we learned that families training together aren’t such an anomaly, the blog has evolved. Jen gets personal with posts on ambition, challenges & achievements in BJJ, CrossFit & with nutrition, while Tom's posts are more educational, informative and analytical in regards to training. On occasion you may hear from the kids.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

by Jen

Undoubtedly Crossfit and BJJ keep my body toned, but that is not the reason I train. In addition to the muscle, today I carry on my body:

  • about 5 whip marks on my left arm from practicing my double unders

  • an approximately 6 inch bruise on the inside of my right calf

  • a handprint bruise on my right arm

  • an approximately 1 inch bruise just above my right wrist, and

  • a mystery bruise or scratch on my collar bone.

  • I'm not exactly looking my best, but I wouldn't have it any other way!


    Today, my thanksgiving list includes my ability to train (especially with my family), my coaches who push me to be my best, (especially Marcelo, who believes in me even when I don't), my inspiring training partners and my awesome BJJ family!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    2 comments:

    1. On the contrary Jen, you ARE looking your best. Imperfection is the greatest beauty.

      Dag

      ReplyDelete
    2. With all of my imperfections I must be amazing :) Thanks Dagney!

      ReplyDelete