This started as a blog about training together as a family, in part to inspire other women & families to get involved. As female participation in jiu jitsu has increased, as we have grown as athletes and as we learned that families training together aren’t such an anomaly, the blog has evolved. Jen gets personal with posts on ambition, challenges & achievements in BJJ, CrossFit & with nutrition, while Tom's posts are more educational, informative and analytical in regards to training. On occasion you may hear from the kids.

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Definition of Insanity


by Jen

"Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

This is relates to so many areas of my life.

Why am I still using the same form for my double unders and kipping pull ups when I keep tripping up and cannot get past two kips?

Why do I still try to pull the same submission from guard when I know that my opponent is too strong?

Why do I still fall backwards when I know I cannot capture my opponent in guard, leaving me on the bottom of full mount, side control or half guard?

At home, why do I still keep nagging my kids to clean their rooms when it's not getting done?

Why do I wonder why I gained weight after chowing on brownies, cookies & candy all week?

I can go on and on and on.

Time to open up my game and find some new strategies, starting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment