This started as a blog about training together as a family, in part to inspire other women & families to get involved. As female participation in jiu jitsu has increased, as we have grown as athletes and as we learned that families training together aren’t such an anomaly, the blog has evolved. Jen gets personal with posts on ambition, challenges & achievements in BJJ, CrossFit & with nutrition, while Tom's posts are more educational, informative and analytical in regards to training. On occasion you may hear from the kids.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Keep Moving


 a sonnet by Logan


The inspiration behind this sonnet, a homework assignment given to Logan, was the overwhelmed feeling from never ending homework.  She later realized that it applies to so many other areas in life.  (Yes, I am a proud mom!)

Keep Moving

Sometimes just trying itself seems too hard.
I'd like to give up, but that isn't me.
If I were to quit, I'd never get far.
Move on, I will, despite troubles I see.
Whenever I fall, I'll fight to get up.
Whenever I fail, I'll stand twice as strong.
Success is a battle; not purely luck
Mistakes are lessons as you move along.
When I'm exhausted and tempted to stop
And my mind has been working without a break
When I feel overwhelmed and soon to drop
I'm not so sure how much more I can take
But though it seems there is nothing to gain
I'll keep moving hard and working through pain.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Although it doesn't specifically mention jiu jitsu it definitely sounds like it is talking about grappling. I like it, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete