This started as a blog about training together as a family, in part to inspire other women & families to get involved. As female participation in jiu jitsu has increased, as we have grown as athletes and as we learned that families training together aren’t such an anomaly, the blog has evolved. Jen gets personal with posts on ambition, challenges & achievements in BJJ, CrossFit & with nutrition, while Tom's posts are more educational, informative and analytical in regards to training. On occasion you may hear from the kids.

Friday, October 21, 2011

October 22, 2011 - The Day All of My Worlds Collide

by Jen

I am so disappointed that I am not competing in the Miami Open tomorrow. For some reason October 22nd is a popular day for everything in my universe. I'm talking about my work world, training world, church world, friend world, scout world and more.

I had my heart set on the Miami Open since the date was set. But little by little, the plans kept changing. The Scout pack planned their first big camping trip of the year. Our Family Ministry planned their Fall Festival. At work, a large company that has yet to financially support our Agency, approached us about hosting their Make a Difference Day project at our campus. I am the Development Director in charge of raising money for the organization, so I really should be there.

Since my "Work World" funds the rest of my life, work wins. The good news is that spending the day with generous volunteers who are giving up their Saturday, and the awesome foster kids who live with us, fuels my passion to keep raising funds for my organization.

I wish the best of luck to all who are competing - especially all of the girls! Post videos, and most importantly, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment