Tomorrow is the day that I have spent months training for - The Heraean games are here.
Unfortunately, I woke up on Wednesday feeling a cold coming on so I've been downing Airborne and Emergen-C, eating lots of chicken soup and getting plenty of rest.
Pull ups never made their way into the WODs so I relaxed on practicing those. My double unders are better, but still inconsistent. Fortunately or unfortunately (I'm not sure which one) they are the first exercise that I will have to do tomorrow. I hope I do them swiftly, and if I don't, I hope they don't set the tone for the rest of my day.
Goals for the Heraean Games
1. Leave it all on the floor. Bring my very best to each of the 3 WOD's. Give 'til there is nothing left!
2. Remember that I'm there to challenge myself. I'm there to do my personal best. I prepared as hard as I could without sacrificing my work and family responsibilities. I know this in my heart. Now it's time to bring it.
3. Wear blinders. Don't get discouraged if I see my competitors getting far ahead of me. But leave a little window open to help motivate me. This one is going to be a difficult balance.
4. Make my coaches proud. My ATP coaches have been amazing in helping me prepare. I want to reward them for their belief in me and their dedicated coaching.
5. Represent ATP well through good sportsmanship. When all is said and done, that is what really counts.
6. Cheer on my fellow teammates. Jessica, Lauren and April are outstanding athletes - can't wait to see them in action tomorrow!
7. Be a good example to my kids. They have witnessed my battle with the double unders. I want to show them that persistence pays off.
8. Be an inspiration to other woman my age. There are only 8 of us in the Master's division. While still a small group this is double from last year! I would love to be a part of growing this division even more!
9 Move along when (if) I struggle with an exercise. Keep going and don't get discouraged.
10. Relax and have fun! I often realize that my inability to relax is an obstacle when I roll and crossfit. Tomorrow I need to remember to relax, relax, relax!
When all is said and done, The Heraean Games are just another step in my Crossfit and BJJ journey. I have many more tournaments to fight in and competitions to participate in. Maybe, one day, there will even be an RX in my future.
Lastly, thank you Tom for "believing that I can fly."